Six of the Most Common Plumbing Problems
If you own a home or commercial building that has running water, you will likely have to call a plumber for assistance at one point or another. This complex system of pipes, connections and appliances will inevitably require attention, but not all jobs are easily handled on your own.
To avoid plumbing disasters and high water bills, keep your eye out for these six common plumbing problems and have them fixed as soon as possible by a plumber in Vacaville, CA:
- Dripping faucets: The constant sound of a dripping faucet can be enough to make your head spin, not to mention it can drive up your water bill month after month by wasting hundreds of gallons of water. The problem usually lies with a rubber washer inside the sink that is easily replaced if you have the right tools. Otherwise, call a plumber to have them fix it for you.
- Clogged sinks or tub drains: It can get extremely frustrating if your sink or tub is slow to drain or won’t drain at all. The problem typically lies with a blockage in the pipe. Hair and soap are two of the biggest bathroom drain culprits, while grease, fat and food particles are usually to blame in the kitchen. You may be able to use hot water to flush the drain clear, or use a plunger or snake to dislodge the blockage, but some larger blockages will require the assistance of a plumber in Vacaville, CA.
- Low water pressure: It’s quite common to turn on the shower or sink and only receive a dribble of water coming out. This issue might stem from a few different things, but most often it’s from sediment buildup on faucet aerators or from leaky pipes. You can try to clean the aerators with vinegar, but if that doesn’t work, call a plumber to have them inspect the problem.
- Running toilet: If you flush the toilet and it seems to never stop running, there might be a leak in your toilet that causes water to run from the tank to the bowl. This problem can be costly if it isn’t fixed—running tanks can waste up to 200 gallons of water a day! Fortunately, the fix is simple and usually only requires you to replace the rubber flapper inside the tank.
- Leaky pipe: Old pipes or pipes that have endured stress from cold weather cause a common but potentially disastrous plumbing problem: leaking pipes. Depending on the severity and location of the leak, these pipes can cause major flooding in your building and waste thousands of gallons of water. If you detect a leaky pipe or a sudden surge in your water bill, call a plumber to have them run a leak detection test on your plumbing system.
- Lack of hot water: If you turn on the hot water tap but it only runs cold, or your steaming-hot shower suddenly turns into an ice bath, the issue is likely with your water heater. The pilot light may have gone out, or sediment buildup in the tank may be causing problems. You’ll want to call a plumber to inspect the heater and repair or replace it, if necessary.
If you need the help of an expert plumber in Vacaville, CA, call ABC Plumbing. Our team can take care of all your plumbing problems, large or small! We assist residential, commercial and industrial customers with a wide variety of plumbing services and are even available 24/7 for plumbing emergencies.
Categorised in: Plumber