When Is It Time to Replace My Toilet?
Toilets often give us trouble, but a quick visit from the plumber often sorts these problems out fairly quickly. However, perhaps you seem to be calling the plumber more and more frequently, or your toilet looks old and in disrepair. Is it time for new toilet installation in Vacaville, CA? Keep reading for some tips to know when it might be nearing the time to replace your toilet:
- Frequent clogs: If your toilet is clogging once a week or more, it may not be bad bathroom habits that are the culprit. There are many things that can lead to a clog, from the strength of your toilet’s flush to the cleanliness of the pipes, or the fact that your toddler just tried to flush a stuffed animal down the drain. However, many clogs due to no other circumstance may be a sign it’s time for a new toilet installation in Vacaville, CA.
- High water bills: You may also want to watch your water bill and see if it’s getting higher over time without any of your habits changing. Toilets have to work harder the older they get, and older designs use more water than newer low-flow toilets. Even if you haven’t noticed particularly high water bills, if you know you have an older toilet (made before 2000), you might consider investing in new low-flow toilet installation in Vacaville, CA and see how much you can save.
- Cracks or leaks: If the porcelain on your tank or bowl is cracked or leaking, it may be time for a replacement. While porcelain does last a long time, and is chosen for its waterproof, sanitary and durable qualities, it does wear out eventually. Small cracks can turn into larger fractures, which quickly become larger problems. It’s best to deal with this issue right away.
- Wobbly seats: If your toilet is shifting or wobbling when you sit down, it’s a clear sign that it needs some work. You can check the bolts and make sure everything is tightened, but if the seat still wobbles, you’ll need to call a plumber for toilet installation in Vacaville, CA.
- Too many plumber visits: This one is a no-brainer. If you’re calling the plumber every other week because of toilet issues, it’s time to replace the toilet. Between handles, flappers and fill valves, there are many things that can go wrong. Weigh the costs of all the repairs against the cost of a new installation and choose what makes the most sense for you.
If you’re in need of new toilet installation in Vacaville, CA, ABC Plumbing is your full-service plumber and your best solution. From general plumbing to water heater service and well service, we will get the job done right the first time. We’re also available for emergency services. We welcome residential, commercial and industrial plumbing work. In addition to plumbing, we’re your experts for water heater service and other peripheral services, including water wells and gas lines. Call our experts today to schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: Toilet Installation