Many people have a water treatment system in their homes, or at least filter their drinking water. If you’re interested in water treatment options, contact a plumbing company in Vacaville, CA. More people are choosing reverse osmosis systems for filtering their water. These systems work by removing contaminants from water by pushing water under pressure through a semi-permeable membrane. When water is pushed through the membrane, it allows the passage of water molecules, but not the majority of dissolved salts, organics, bacteria and pyrogens. There are many benefits to water being filtered in this way:
- Removes contaminants: The primary purpose of reverse osmosis is to remove contaminants and impurities. Chemicals such as lead and even arsenic are removed, as well as parasites. It also removes sodium and cryptosporidium from the water. Only pure water is allowed through the filter, giving you health and peace of mind.
- Purification levels: Reverse osmosis occurs in seven stages, with each stage being more stringent than the last. The number of stages you choose to filter is up to you and your water supply.
- Better taste: Some people are pickier about the taste of their water than others, but just about everyone agrees that water filtered by reverse osmosis tastes better. The removal of debris and other chemicals provides a fresh and clean taste.
- Energy saving: There are different sizes of reverse osmosis filters that you can choose from and you can decide what you have space for and where you want to put it. Plus, it uses a low amount of energy compared to other water filtration systems.
- Low maintenance: Reverse osmosis systems are perfect for those who aren’t interested in a system that requires a lot of upkeep, because they are very low maintenance. You’ll just need to replace the filter every six months or so.
- Environmentally friendly: Reverse osmosis water isn’t just good for you, it’s good for the environment. By drinking water from your home instead of buying bottled water, you’re saving plastic bottles that would become pollutants. Plus, the less energy used by this system makes it a great alternative to other systems.
- Safe for cancer patients: Another benefit of reverse osmosis treated water is that it is safe for cancer patients to drink during and after treatment. Cancer patients have weakened immune systems and are more sensitive to micro-organisms and contaminants. Reverse osmosis treated water reduces their chances for infection.
- Saves money: If you were a person who had to buy bottled water to be able to drink water in the past, you’ll save a fortune when you install a reverse osmosis system in your home. The water will taste good enough to drink right from the tap!
If you would like to know more about your options for installing a reverse osmosis water treatment system, contact a plumbing company in Vacaville, CA. ABC Plumbing is your full-service plumber that serves the needs of homeowners, as well as commercial and industrial customers. Call on us when you need help with fixture installation, plumbing remodeling and installation of reverse osmosis systems.
Categorised in: Plumber